Friday, December 10, 2010

A Thought for the Day

When I read this, it "wrote on me," so I wanted to share.
 
"Repentance always brings a (person) to this point: I have sinned. The surest sign that God is at work is when a (person) says that and means it...The bedrock of Christianity is repentance. Strictly speaking, a (person) cannot repent when he (she) chooses; repentance is a gift of God. The old Puritan used to pray for 'the gift of tears.' If ever you cease to know the virtue of repentance, you are in darkness. Examine yourself and see if you have forgotten how to be sorry." Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest.
 
Pastor Kenneth Q. James
Psalm 119:33-34

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 11




No comments:

Post a Comment