Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunday's sermon - "Next steps"

Last Sunday's sermon (December 5) was from Luke 1:39-45. Our theme for Advent is "Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room" and the focus was on "Celebration."
 
Let's consider what are the "next steps" God would have us take in response to His Word.
 
1. What did you do when in your life you "dropped the ball?" Did you get depressed? Did you blame others? Did you make excuses? Did you quit or give up?
2. When - and for what reason - do you celebrate?
3. Have you decided that you are going to be happy? What will it take for you to reinforce that decision?
4. Are you hanging around the right people to be able to celebrate? If you discover that there are people who are sapping your joy, what are you going to do about it?
5. Praise God that today, no matter how many times you "dropped the ball," you didn't get cut from the team, and you will get another chance!
6. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon or reading this passage? How is God speaking to you now?
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment