Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Next Steps

Last Sunday's sermon (November 28) was from Luke 1:26-37. The theme for Advent is "Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room." The focus area of this sermon was "Expectation."
 
What are the "next steps" that God will have us take in response to the Word we heard?
 
1. How are you preparing for Advent?
2. How do you respond to the idea that God is "with" you? Does it "perplex" you as it did Mary when Gabriel told her this?
3. Are there any circumstances in your life that you wonder if God will do what God promised?
4. Are you daring enough to let go of the familiar, the status quo, to get out of your rut and take God at his word?   
5. What are you "expecting" God to do?
6. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon or reading this passage? How is God speaking to you now?
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment