Monday, December 6, 2010

Bible study questions

Good evening, all.
 
As you know, we are starting our new Bible study series "Women in the Bible" tomorrow. In advance of our first lesson, I wanted to get to you the questions we will discuss so you can be prepared. I hope you will join us.
 
The passage is Genesis 19:1-26.
 
1. If you are familiar with the Bible, you are likely familiar with the name of Lot, and by consequence, Lot's wife. What do we know of this family?
2. Where did Lot's family live? How did where they live impact their lives (positively or negatively)?
3. What is the sin of Sodom?
4. Why is God concerned to save Lot and his family?
5. Why was Lot and his family reluctant to leave when the angel instructed them (Genesis 19:12-22)?
6. What happened to Lot's wife when she turned back?
7. What do you believe is the moral of this story?
 
And don't forget that tomorrow for both noon and evening sessions we will convene our Bible study at Mood Maker's Bookstore. Thanks to Curtis and Marie Rivers for hosting us!
 
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment