Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Thought for the Day

"Go where you are celebrated, not where you are tolerated."
 
This is one of my favorite saying and personal mantras.
 
Perhaps you don't realize it, but there are enough people who appreciate that you for who you are - are a gift to the body of Christ, a blessing to their lives, a benefit to their existence - that you do NOT have to spend one minute of this day seeking approval, commendation, or acceptance from anyone.
 
Of course, we all have things we need to work on in order to accomplish God's grand design for our lives. However, if there are people in your life who don't like you, accept you or want you around while you are in the process of getting to that place, why are you stressing about it? If you take inventory/stock of yourself and know that you are doing what God wants you to do and you are growing to be the kind of person you most want to be, anyone who doesn't accept that is probably stopping you from getting to your purpose. It may be time to thank God for the time you spent with that person and whatever contribution you made to them or they made to you, and move on.
 
You deserve to celebrate yourself. And you deserve to be celebrated.
 
So celebrate!
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment