Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prayer (Tuesday)

Greetings, everyone.
 
On this day, Tuesday, as we will join in prayer at 6 p.m., our prayer focus is for the pastor. I am sincerely asking for your prayers because at this current juncture of my life I have to be honest: I don't think I have ever been in greater need of the prayers of the believers. As your pastor, I have stood in the gap many times for you spiritually in your times of crisis or need. Now I need you to do that for me.
 
I ask you to focus on these passages as we pray as a congregation today:
 
"Now I know that the Lord will help his anointed; he will answer him from his holy heaven with mighty victories by his right hand" (Psalm 20:6).
 
"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, that your way may be known upon earth, your saving power among all nations" (Psalm 67:1-2).
 
"Finally, brothers and sisters, pray for us, so that the word of the Lord may spread rapidly and be glorified everywhere, just as it is among you" (2 Thessalonians 3:1).
"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all who are in high positions, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and dignity.  This is right and is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
 
"...I exhort the elders among you to tend the flock of God that is in your charge, exercising the oversight, not under compulsion but willingly, as God would have you do it - not for sordid gain but eagerly. Do not lord it over those in your charge, but be examples to the flock. And when the chief shepherd appears, you will win the crown of glory that never fades away" (1 Peter 5:1b-4).
 
Thank you.
 
Pastor Kenneth Q. James
Psalm 119:33-34

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 10

No comments:

Post a Comment