Monday, March 14, 2011

Prayer (Monday)

Good morning.
 
Let us consider prayerfully these passages as we pray as a congregation today.
"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, to tell of all your works" (Psalm 73:28).
 
"Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake their way, and the unrighteous their thoughts; let them return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:6-7).
 
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you" (John 15:7).
When God has answered our prayers, let us not forget to offer our praise:
 
"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears (Psalm 18:6).
 
Reminder: our corporate week of prayer begins tomorrow night (Tuesday, March 15) at the church from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. and we look forward to seeing as many of our members as possible. Thank you.
 
Pastor Kenneth Q. James
Psalm 119:33-34

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 10

No comments:

Post a Comment