Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunday's sermon: Next Steps

Last Sunday's sermon did not really have a title; it was based on Daniel chapters 7 and 8 as we talked about bullying, especially as it affects those of the gay community.
 
Thanks again to Sis. Eunice White for the inspiration for this message.
 
Now, what are the "next steps" that God will have us take in response to the Word we heard?
 
1. Have you ever been bullied - either as a child or as an adult? How did that make you feel?
2. Are you a bully? Do you ever feel that you need to put others down to make yourself feel better or stronger?
3. Have you ever thought of yourself as committing an abomination? Read the passages in Leviticus 11:7-8, Leviticus 11:10-11, Leviticus 19:27,Leviticus 19:28, Leviticus 15:19-27] and Deuteronomy 22:5.
4. What do you think God will have you do the next time you see someone being bullied, or you try to bully someone?
5. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon? How is God speaking to you now?
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessons, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment