Thursday, October 14, 2010

Next Steps

Good morning, all,
This morning I realized that I had not shared with you our "Next Steps" thoughts for this week. So here we are; what is God saying to us now about what our "next steps" should be after the word we heard on Sunday?
 
Sunday's sermon (10/10/10) was from Daniel 7:13-14, titled, "Thy Kingdom Come."
 
"May we receive the word we hear each in an honest heart
And keep the precious treasure there, and never with it part."
 
1. In Daniel's vision/dream, he sees "the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea" (v. 2). We learn that images of seas or waters troubled means chaos or disruption. Where in your life are there troubled waters or churning seas?
2. Daniel sees four images, and the fourth of these is described with "eyes like human eyes in this horn, and a mouth speaking arrogantly." In what ways has evil or sin become more bold in our time?
3. Daniel describes watching the scene as "thrones were set in place, and an Ancient One took his throne...A stream of fire issued and flowed out from his presence. A thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood attending him." This is a depiction of God in control, judging the powers of the world. Where do you see evidence of God's "kingdom, power and glory" in your life and circumstances?
4. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon or reading this passage? How is God speaking to you now? 
 
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessons, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment