Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Next steps

Last Sunday's sermon from Daniel 3:16-18 was titled, "But If Not, What Then?" What are the "next steps" God will have us take in response to the Word we heard?
 
"May we receive the word we hear each in an honest heart
And keep the precious treasure there, and never with it part."
 
1. Does anyone in your life have the power of a "terrorist" - the power to change who and what you are? How can you take that power back? Keep asking the question, "How do I want to live so I can be who I want to be?"
2. We noted that the Chaldeans in the story in Daniel 3 could not have noticed the Hebrews who did not bow down if they were in fact obeying the orders of the king. What is distracting you from doing what you are supposed to be doing as you move toward maturity (in worship, in work, in ministry, in duty, etc.)?
3. What is the conviction that governs your life and ultimately decides for you in times of crisis (i.e., Deuteronomy 6:4-5 in the lives of these 3 Hebrews)?
4. Are you praying for God to get/take you out of the fire, or are you committed to trusting God in the fire? Can you trust that God will get in /be in the fire with you?
5. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon or reading this passage? How is God speaking to you now?
 
"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment