Monday, September 27, 2010

Check out YouTube - Aretha Franklin - Beams of Heaven - Audio from Gospel Fes

Hello, all,
I wanted to share with you this experience from June 3, 2005 (I will never forget the experience, but I had to look in my journal to get the correct date). The Pastor's Aid of Duryee Memorial AME Zion Church in Schenectady gave me as a gift a trip to New York to go to the "Gospel Fest" concert at Madison Square Garden in NYC. That night in concert, I heard Donnie McClurkin, Vickie Winans and the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. I will never forget hearing this song that night, already one of my favorites, but so beautifully done here that as I thought of it, I wanted to share it with you. I hope you will enjoy this very meaningful song as much as I do.
 
Click here: YouTube - Aretha Franklin - Beams of Heaven - Audio from Gospel Fest
 
"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment