Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Thought for the Day

The church must rediscover corporate prayer.
 
"Unlike the early church, the American church has relegated prayer to the private life. As a result, we miss out on the richness of corporate prayer that fosters intimacy with one another and God. In particular, the leaders of the Jewish people in the Old Testament often prayed public prayers of corporate confession. When all of the people are on their knees together, acknowledging their inadequacy and failings before God, it reinforces that we are all in the same boat and are all in need of God's grace."
(from They Like Jesus, But Not the Church, by Dan Kimball, p.158-159).
 
Please plan to join us for Prayer Meeting tonight, and also for revival tomorrow and Friday at 7 p.m., and our music workshop, "Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs" all featuring Reverend Jimmy Allen Thomas of Chicago, IL, guest evangelist and music workshop leader.
 
Thank you.
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessons, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment