Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunday's sermon/Next steps

Greetings, Memorial family.
 
Last Sunday's sermon was from Psalm 98, titled, "Something to Sing About." Let us examine what are the "next steps" God will have us take in response to the Word we heard.
 
1. Do you think that worship is difficult? Are we adequately able to take the focus off of ourselves and focus on God?
2. How much of what we do in worship is about trying to please the tastes, preferences, or wishes of the congregation, or any portion of the membership?
3. What do you know God has "saved" (rescued) you from?
4. Do you believe you can stay home and worship alone?
5. What questions/thoughts/convictions were raised in your mind after hearing this sermon or reading this passage? How is God speaking to you now?
 

"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessons, Book XII, Chapter 11

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34


Pastor Kenneth Q. James


No comments:

Post a Comment