Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thought for the day

Good morning,
 
Today, in my devotions, I read my favorite Psalm - 139, and wanted to share the portion I read. It gave me something to think about.
 
1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me.

2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from far away.
3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue, O Lord, you know it completely.
5 You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it.
 
I am so encouraged today to realize that God knows EVERYTHING about me - every thought, every desire, every weakness, every failure, every challenge, every burden, every fear, every sin, every shortcoming, every mistake, every habit, every success, every strength, every ability, every gift, every talent - well, you get the idea. God knows the things that others only think they know. God knows everything others can only talk about in the shadows. God knows everything others can only whisper about behind closed doors or in hushed conversations, behind my back and out of my presence. And with all the things God knows about me, everything good, everything bad and everything ugly, not one of those things which God knows has enough power to stop God from loving me. There is no force so strong as to make God turn his back on me. And nothing - not even the things I am most ashamed of or embarrassed about - can ever prevent God from claiming me as God's own child.
 
So I decided that I was going to spend the rest of my day just being happy about that fact!
 
Pastor Kenneth Q. James
Psalm 119:33-34
"Let truth, the light of my heart, speak to me, and not my own darkness!"
Augustine, Confessions, Book XII, Chapter 10

No comments:

Post a Comment