Starting today and each Monday, I am going to e-mail those of you on our list and ask you to consider the "next steps" regarding the sermon you heard and the worship experience you shared on Sunday. There will just be a few questions you will ask of yourself that I pray will encourage, challenge and support you on your faith journey.
Yesterday's sermon at Memorial was from Luke 8:35: “Then people came out to see what had happened, and when they came to Jesus, they found the man from whom the demons had gone sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind.” The sermon title was "A Brand New Man."
Think for a moment about your "next steps" and what you will do as you continue on your faith journey.
1. After hearing the sermon, can you identify an area in your life where you need God's guidance to grow or mature?
2. What "storms" in your life do you think are keeping you from getting to Jesus, or keeping him from getting to you?
3. If you are confident that Jesus is on his way to help, save or deliver you, are you ready to let him do what he wants to do now, or will you send him away? Read Luke 8:37.
4. Read Luke 8:30. Who "named" you? What issues define you? What is God saying to you about this?
5. Where and to whom is Jesus sending you to witness to his goodness in your life?
You do not have to respond to me unless you feel the need to dialogue about your journey, but I trust that you will take time to reflect on these questions as we continue together to develop in our daily walk with God.